Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Bee Hive cake made it to the top!

I am a huge fan of Cake Central.   I visit the site daily and post my cake pictures there as well.  Most of the people there are cake decorators looking for new ideas and inspiration - that is where most of my ideas come from.   As a member of Cake Central you can comment on people's cakes and add them to your favourite list to reference later.

My cakes usually get a few comments and favs which is always a nice feeling.   Well the Bee Hive cake made it to the top.   It is on the front page of Cake Central this morning as the top 5 cake saved to people's fav's.    This is a huge compliment from Cake Central as the men and ladies on here are extremely talented and most of the cakes in the top 10 are ones I droll over but couldn't image having to make.

I am sure as new amazing cake pictures get posted today I will fall back as this list changes daily.  But for this morning  I feel like a super star :) 

2 comments:

Lorrinda said...

I'm one of the people who favorited your Bee Hive Cake on Cake Central! I didn't know thumbs was you! (I haven't been to your blog in a couple of weeks) I just love this cake, and when you see it next to all the other "bee hive" cakes yours REALLY stands out! Nice work! (I think it's the smiley bees :)

Smashing Cake Designs said...

ahh, thanks! You helped me get to the top. It was so neat to open Cake Central and see my cake on the front page. Hopefully there will be more then in the future.

Yep, I am thumbs :) I am so bad at looking at names on that site so don't honestly know who is who on there. There are a few I am familiar with now but not many.

This cake was fun to make and a lot easier to do then I thought it would be. I used a #12 tip to make the smiles only pusing the bottom end into the bee to make the smiley faces.