Thursday, August 25, 2011

Wedding Fun

So what happens when a cake decorator gets married?   Lots of late nights!! 

The last few weeks have been very busy.  My wedding was fast approaching so there was all the regular things to take care of and then of course the cake and treats on top of that. 

It started about 3 weeks ago with making the wedding favors.   Each favor was 2 chocolate hearts drizzled with white chocolate.
Then it was onto cookies.  I didn't want regular cookies, so I made these 3 tier wedding cake cookies.  Each cookie actually consisted of 6 cookies with 2 for each tier.   Rather then normal cookie icing, they are iced with white chocolate and finished with some gum paste flowers. 
Cake Pops make a great treat at a wedding.  They are a great finger food that also tastes great!  These were vanilla cake with cream cheese icing dipped in milk chocolate. 
Finally the cake!  I went with a simple wedding cake design because I LOVE the look of simple, elegant cakes.
The dessert table looked great thanks to the help of some great friends that set everything up.  Once I get the professional photos in I will share that with you. 

No comments: