Monday, April 25, 2011

Quack-Quack

I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend.  We had a great dinner with family yesterday.   Of course a cake needed to accompany dinner so this is the cake I made for our dinner this year.

This is also a great example of how you can change a plan and still have it work out for you.   I had originally baked the cake to make a 3D egg, I was then going to decorate it so that the egg was cracking and you could see the little chick legs and a few feathers.  So on Saturday when I sat down to decorate the cake I honestly just didn't feel like making cake anymore.   I recalled seeing a cute chick cake on Cake Central last week so thought, why not.   So the top of egg cake was cut off, stood on it's side rather then laying down and a few hours later Quack-Quack was born.  

Now, I don't  normally name my cakes.   This was the result of my daughter who yelled Quack-Quack as soon as she seen the cake.  So everyone at dinner was calling the cake Quack-Quack yesterday.  Which admittedly made it a little harder to cut into in front of the kids.   Luckily they are all cake lovers and were pretty happy to be getting a piece of cake.

No comments: